A rugged, heavy-duty pre-cleaner for a wide variety of applications where directional flow is desired. The Power Ram pre-cleaner covers the broadest flow range with excellent efficiency and low restriction.
turbo® III POWER RAM™ Highlights
- 400 – 1500 CFM
- Improves engine performance by delivering more air to engine at highway speeds. Saves Fuel!
- Louvered screen prevents plugging from snow or ice build-up.
- Reduces air-intake restriction at highway speeds.
- Extends air filter element life by removing most rain, snow, dust, etc., from intake air.
- Reduces re-entry of sooty exhaust air into air-intake.
- Rugged and light-weight metal construction
- Models “S” and “XL” are under development
- Model “L” is metal with powder coat finish
- Directional air intake: Face away from heavy airborne debris
- Wide 13.5”x6” (343mmx 152mm) intake area with louvered screen
- Wide flow range 400~1500 CFM per unit
- Rugged metal construction with an e-coat finish to guard against rust, chemical attack, and corrosion
- Base mounting comes with clamp in three sizes: 6” 152mm, 7” 178mm, or 8” 203mm
- Various reducers available to adapt to your application
- Replaceable spinner
- Power RAM’s are installed on: Chippers, Tub-grinders, Mulch Machines, even older Cab Over Trucks still in service!
- Heavy duty stainless steel band clamp
It’s on a variety of machines including construction, mining and on-road applications, this pre-cleaner utilizes RAM effect to achieve high pre-separation efficiency, extending the life of your primary air filter and saving you money and limiting downtime.
Small and Extra Large sized units are made of Polymer with 25% glass center. The Large units are metal with a powder coat finish. Some applications require our Y-Pipe for two Power RAMs mounted side-by-side. All turbo® Precleaners are independently tested to industry SAE J726 and ISO 5001 standards.
Model Variants & Part Numbers
Description/ Size | Model Numbers
Power Ram 6″ | 21-1080002
Power Ram 7″ | 21-1080003
Power Ram 8″ | 21-1080004
Resources & Documentation